Termux is a Linux terminal emulator and a collection of tools. It’s very popular on Android, but if you want to install Termux on your Windows PC/laptop, there are some workarounds to help you do so.
The easiest way to get Termux on your Windows computer is by using an Android emulator. However, it’s also possible to set up Termux on your Windows computer directly. For both approaches, you have the option of either installing the Termux app from Google Play or downloading and installing Termux for Windows 10/8/7 by using an APK file.
When you’re ready, follow the instructions below to get started with installing Termux for Windows.
Download Termux App for Windows PC
Method 1: Download Termux from Android Emulator
- Step 1. Download and install Android emulator for Windows PC from here .
- Step 2. Launch the app, log in using your Gmail account, and search “Termux” in Google Play Store.
- Step 3. After selecting the application, click “Install” to download Termux.
- Step 4. Open Termux from the app drawer and enjoy!
Method 2: Download Termux APK file to Install on Windows Computer
- Step 1. Download and install an Android emulator for Windows from here.
- Step 2. After setting up your emulator, search for “Termux” in Google Play Store, then download and install Termux for Windows PC.
- Step 3. After installation is complete, you can open Termux from the app drawer and enjoy!
Q: What is Termux?
Termux is a Linux terminal emulator and a collection of tools that provides you with flexibility as a developer as well as simplicity as a user.
As a developer, Termux gives you access to tools for developing Android apps on your computer. As a user, Termux provides the ability to access the web via an app browser or ssh connection without requiring root privileges or modifying your system settings.
Q: Can I install other terminal command-line programs on Termux?
Yes, you can! Termux allows you to install additional packages by running the command apt install <package>.
Q: Which Android features are available?
Termux supports most core functionality, including Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, SMS/MMS messaging, cameras, sensors, battery status and more. You can read more about other supported functionality here .
Q: Where do I find help with Termux?
You can visit the Termux Community page to see how you can get involved. You can also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.