It’s either you have the classic combination of iPhone, Windows PC, and MacBook or you don’t have an iPhone, I’m sure you will want to learn how to download an iCloud app on Windows.
This guide is for all those fanboys and fangirls who just want to use all of the amazing features that Apple offers its users.
I wonder if there is anyone who wouldn’t want to explore the various applications of Apple. If you ask me, none. Therefore, I know I had to write this for you. After reading this post you will be able to use one of them, iCloud.
In this guide, I’ll be discussing two easy ways to download iCloud on Windows, its features, and some of the best alternatives for Windows users.
Sounds good? Let’s begin then.
iCloud is a great service by Google but aren’t you curious about what makes it the best?
Let me introduce you to the awesome features of iCloud.
Features Of iCloud App
- Automatic Backup – This might be one of the best features of the iCloud app for iPhone, iPad, iPod, and Mac users. the iCloud app automatically backups your device data. All you have to do is to set it to a monthly, weekly, or daily basis. (It only starts the process over WiFi and asks for permission)
- Continuity – If you have an iPhone with iOS 8.1 and more then you must know about the feature called Continuity. It lets you make calls from your Mac as though it were a speakerphone. It allows you to send and receive text messages from your Mac to other mobile devices. It also allows you AirDrop files between computer and phone, wirelessly and more.
- Mobile Device Friendly – The latest version of iCloud is mobile-friendly. Meaning, you get to use its features on your iPhone also.
- 5 GB Free Storage – You get free 5 GB storage to keep your files (images, videos, and more)
- Family Sharing Tool – You can connect your family accounts to storage and then share files easily.
- Sync Contacts – You can also sync your contacts and emails to keep them safe.
- Data Safety – Is your data very important to you? Well, rest assured. Your data is in safe hands.
There are many more features of the iCloud app that will make you its fan but let’s not forget our topic here. That is how to download an iCloud app on Windows PC.
How To Download An iCloud App On Windows PC?
As told above, I’ll walk you through two easy methods for downloading an iCloud app on Windows. You can use whichever method suits you.
However, I’d suggest you read the methods first and then decide which one you will be working on.
Method 1 – USING iPADIAN SIMULATOR
In this method, we will be using, of course, iPadian. If you don’t know about it, iPadian is an simulator used to download iOS applications on Windows PC. And it is free.
Follow this step-by-step process to download iCloud apps on Windows using iPadian.
Step 1: The first step is to download the iPadian software from the official website.
Step 2: It will barely take any time. After successful installation, open iPadian simulator.
Step 3: Setup your profile. The best is to use your iCloud account to sign in.
Step 4: App store comes pre-installed in iPadian. On the home screen, find Appstore and double click on the icon to open it.
Step 5: On the search bar, type iCloud and click on the top link from the new window.
Step 6: After you click on the Install button, iCloud will be installed automatically on iPadian. You can find the App under the list of installed apps.
Congratulations, you just installed the iCloud app on your Windows PC using the iPadian simulator. Note that you can use the iCloud service only after opening the iPadian simulator.
By now you have an iCloud app on your Windows PC if not, follow this process below.
Method 2 – USING SMARTFACE IN-BROWSER EMULATOR
This method uses another popular in-browser iPhone simulator and emulator, Smartface. The emulator is perfect for browsing iOS apps purposes because of its quick and flexible response.
Refer to this process to download and install iCloud apps on Windows PC.
Step 1: Go to the official site of Smartface by clicking here.
Step 2: Now, navigate to Prodcuts>In-Browser Emulator & Simulator>Request An Emulator Demo.
Step 3: Create a free account and log in by using the same credentials.
Step 4: You’ll see the iPhone simulator on the screen.
Step 5: You are free to use it as a virtual iPhone. Just sign in with your iCloud ID.
Step 6: Hence, you’ll be able to use the iCloud app on your Windows PC with a virtual iPhone.
By now, you must have used the iCloud app on your Windows PC. If you are not, there are some great alternatives for Windows users that are as good as (if not better!) an iCloud app.
3 Alternatives To iCloud App For Windows Users
1. Google Drive
Google Drive is another free application by Google. You get 15 GB of free space to store and share data. You can also buy more space if you want and you can log in using your Google account.
Dropbox is a great alternative to iCloud. It is a freemium application in which you can save your important data files.
ShareFile will ensure you with its complete suite of features that leads to a quick and safe experience of transferring the files and documents between your preferred identities. It has a free trial to start with and the paid membership start around $15/month.
To summarise, this article explains how to download the iCloud app on Windows using two methods. If you have read it till here you would have completed the download of the iCloud app and exploring the features already.
If not there’s a list of potential alternatives for windows that you can try. If you found that the information was useful feel free to send it to someone in need.