Do you always dream of becoming a music creator? Or wanted to learn how to start creating musical tunes? Well, you can do just that from your home. All you need is the Logic X Pro on your Windows computer.
What is Logic X Pro? Can you use it for free? Can you download Logic X Pro on a Windows computer? If so, how to download it?
These are some questions that will be answered in this post. What you have to do?
Keep reading and you will learn everything that you need to ignite that musical spark in you.
Let’s start with the beginning.
What Is Logic X Pro And Why It Is So Popular?
If you don’t know about it, Logic X Pro is a music creation tool that can be used to create, edit, mix and combine music.
The application was launched by Apple developers for macOS and iOS devices. As it is available on App Store, there is no official source to download it on Windows and Android devices.
However, there are some other methods of downloading Logic X Pro on Windows – more on this below.
Let me first tell you the incredible features of the Logic X Pro app.
One of the best things about this app is the free stuff. Apple users love using Logic X Pro because it has so much to offer that makes the creation process easier.
Here are some free things that Logic Pro users get to use.
- Collection of special effects – It has a collection of special effects that include instrument sounds (with different pitches), built-in loops, and digital instrument sounds.
- Collection of songs – It has a library of new and old music that you can easily add to your music tune if you want to.
- DJ Style Effects – It also includes a section of remix and transitions in DJ effects with stutters, echoes, gating effects, and filters.
Logic X Pro allows the multi-touch mixing feature using which you can control your mix from any place whether you are sitting on a couch or next to it.
Beginner Friendly Interface
Logic X Pro is your music studio, there’s no denying that, but it is also a wonderful platform for beginners who want to start learning.
It presents an easy-to-use interface that can be handled by an absolute beginner. Meaning, you don’t necessarily need any prerequisites to start exploring Logic Pro.
Automatic Save Features
The music that you create will be saved automatically. You can also edit and export your music tunes.
So you see why Logic X Pro has all this fame. It is not less than a music studio for new as well as professional music creators.
I know you also want to download it on your computer. Is there a way?
You bet there is.
Also Check: How To Download iTunes For Windows PC?
How To Download Logic X Pro On Windows PCs and Laptops?
To smoothly complete the download process and run the application on Windows there are some requirements to be fulfilled. Really small ones.
Requirements For Installing Logic X Pro
Here’s a tiny list of things to do before downloading the app.
- Virtual Box should be installed on your computer (download source below). It is an emulator that would mimic the environment and feel of an iOS device.
- Windows OS XP, 7, 8, or 10.
- A dual-core processor.
- Storage – 4 GB RAM or higher.
If your computer clears all the above steps then it is all set to download the Logic X Pro.
Download Logic X Pro For Free On Windows
Here’s the step-by-step instructions to follow to download the app on PC.
- Download macOS High Sierra
The first step is to download macOS Sierra on your computer. Here’s a link to download it.
After the download is complete, you should extract the .rar files into a folder using the WinRar software.
- Setting Virtual Box
In case you haven’t downloaded the Virtual Box on your laptop or desktop here’s the download source.
Once the download is complete, extract and run the setup by following the installation process.
After a few steps, the Virtual Box should be working on your computer.
- Setting Up The Virtual Machine
Follow these steps to set up the Virtual Machine.
- Run the Virtual Box and select the “Machine” and then “New” option.
- Enter a name and select the version “macOS 10.13 High Sierra 64 bit”
- Choose the RAM of your computer.
- On the Hard Disk option, choose “Use an existing virtual hard disk file”
- On the Mac Hard Disk selector, click on the “Add” button and select the extracted macOS Sierra file.
- Click on the “Choose” and then the “Create” button.
The Virtual Box Machine is set up and ready to use.
Also Read: Download iCloud App for PC
- Preparing Virtual Machine For macOS Setup
Follow these steps below.
- Click on the “Virtual Machine” and then “Settings” tab.
- Choose “System” settings and then the “Motherboard” tab.
- Uncheck “Floppy” and “Network” and check the chipset as ICH9.
- Select “Processor” as half of the real machine’s processor.
- On the “Display” settings, set the video to 128 MB.
- Save the settings.
- Run as administrator after finding and running the CMD tool.
- Enter the following code on the CMD prompt.
cd “C:\Program Files\Oracle\VirtualBox\”
VBoxManage.exe modifyvm “Machine Name” –cpuidset 00000001 000106e5 00100800 0098e3fd bfebfbff
VBoxManage setextradata “Machine Name” “VBoxInternal/Devices/efi/0/Config/DmiSystemProduct” “iMac11,3”
VBoxManage setextradata “Machine Name” “VBoxInternal/Devices/efi/0/Config/DmiSystemVersion” “1.0”
VBoxManage setextradata “Machine Name” “VBoxInternal/Devices/efi/0/Config/DmiBoardProduct” “Iloveapple”
VBoxManage setextradata “Machine Name” “VBoxInternal/Devices/smc/0/Config/DeviceKey” “ourhardworkbythesewordsguardedpleasedontsteal(c)AppleComputerInc”
VBoxManage setextradata “Machine Name” “VBoxInternal/Devices/smc/0/Config/GetKeyFromRealSMC” 1
Make sure to replace the machine name with the name of the Virtual Box that you created above.
- Setting Up macOS
Open “Virtual Box” and click on “Virtual Machine” and then the “Start” button. Wait for a few seconds and you will enter the Mac environment.
Sign in with an Apple id and complete the setup. From there you can open the App Store and download Logic X Pro and download it.
If you have followed the steps above then Logic X Pro is downloaded on your computer.
So this is how you download Logic X Pro on your Windows computer.
I know the process is a bit lengthier but the application that you will get after this hard work deserves it.
Logic Pro is a great free music creation software with so many awesome features.
Now, what else can I say, start creating music!